Careers with Optima Systems
Part-time Office Administrator
A vacancy exists to join our friendly, dynamic and growing team as a part-time office administrator.
Salary and benefits
- Salary £16,000 to £18,000 per annum on a pro rata basis.
- Hours 20 to 25 per week, negotiable, Monday to Friday.
- Flexible working hours.
- 25 days (pro rata) paid holiday per annum increasing with service.
- Benefit package (after successful completion of probationary period) - Pension scheme, private medical cover, death in service cover, income protection cover, dental cover, subsidised gym membership.
- Clean modern working environment.
- Provide administrative support for our busy office, Directors and Finance Manager.
- General Office duties to include, incoming and outgoing post/filing/kitchen supplies/scanning, arranging for office/building maintenance and keeping the office tidy.
- Stationary – responsible for maintaining and accounting for company stationery/stock levels.
- Additional duties to include maintaining and updating records, insurance and subscription renewals, liaison with our suppliers and assisting with social events.
- Any ad hoc administrative tasks.
- Answering phones and dealing with enquiries and logging tickets for the IT network support team.
- Experience of clerical support and office management.
- Computer literate. Competent with Microsoft office applications/E-mail/Word/Excel
- Good time management.
- Reliable and hardworking.
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team.
- Confident working on your own initiative.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exceptional telephone manner.
- Multi-tasking skills essential.
- Trustworthy and able to handle confidential information.
- Good decision making skills.
Be part of our success.
We are a friendly, open company who like to work with our customers not just for them. If you think you would fit in with our friendly team we would be delighted to hear from you.
Why work for Optima?
When Optima started the original aim was to provide specialist Programming and Consulting skills to the I.T. and general computer using industry. To this we have added Networking and web/graphic design offerings. From the outset Optima established a high quality professional service to industry and expanded its customer base by personal recommendation. Our client base covers most areas including the Financial Sector, Pharmaceuticals, Aerospace, Government, Manufacturing, Marketing and Service Industries. Each year we extend our skills base and aim to offer our customers the latest that current technology can offer.
Optima staff between them has many years of experience in the industry and are continually being re-trained to make best use of the latest software and hardware available. We pride ourselves in our ability to not only understand the technology but also our customer’s business. Knowing both sides of the coin enables us to identify the business problems, find solutions and deliver on our promises. Our teams are used to working with large and small organisations and can adapt their working practices to meet any need.
Optima offer a very competitive salary for the right calibre of staff. Also, after a probationary period, we offer a complete benefit package including such things as a pension scheme, life cover and private medical cover.
Send us your CV
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the form below to get in touch with us. Alternatively call 01293 562 700 during office hours!
No Current vacancies
Whilst we have no official openings at the moment, we are always interested in hearing from people wishing to work in the following areas:
IT Support Staff
We are always interested in hearing from prospective people to join our growing IT department.
Advanced technical knowledge
Proactive attitude to issues
Excellent people skills
We are always on the lookout for talented APL developers or those looking to get into APL as a career. Training offered for the right candidate.
A passion for code
Eagerness to fix what isn’t broken
Experience of APL or array programming